Friday, July 9, 2010

wine

I am in my bed in Dunedin and it is freezing and I love it!

I finished Anansi Boys in one night and one morning. I enjoyed it, but it was nothing on American Gods. Then I went back to the Sushi Gallery and had more spinach balls and one of the magical rice sandwiches and it didn't fall apart and everyone was amazed. And I was a massive mess as per usual and JUST made it onto the plane on time and had two glasses of wine on the plane.

This is a big deal for me. I was really sick around the end of last year, and in the end got told I am all-sorts-of-things intolerant. So since February I have been banned from gluten, sugar, alcohol, soy, peanuts and chemicals. It hasn't been too hard, really, and I have broken the diet a few times, mainly the sugar rule, but that is the most alcohol I have had the whole time. All it really did was make me super sleepy. And it tasted awful. I think the longer I go without drinking, the less I miss it. These days there's nothing I would do drunk that I wouldn't do sober. I have a feeling when I finally DO get drunk, it won't be all that great.

When I saw that my flatmate had folded my washing while I was gone, I thought "awww how sweet." Then I noticed the rogue unidentified sock on the floor and realised that she only did it because she wanted to use my drying rack. Ha.

Well I was falling asleep 4 hours ago. cannot keep eyes open any longer. can hardly type. good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment