Saturday, July 3, 2010

Date Rape

It's hard to write a blog every single day.

Tonight I asked what dates are made from, and everyone laughed at me. I always thought they were one of those dried fruits that are actually just another fruit in disguise, like sultanas and raisins are secretly grapes and prunes are secretly plums. But no, apparently dates are actually a fruit in their own right as ane fule kno.

This reminded me of some Alison Palmer quotes:

"Olives are just rotten grapes"

"Aren't beef and lamb the same thing anyway?"

Ali: "Why is my stir-fry so frothy?"
Me: "I don't know.. it looks like someone put dishwash in it..."
Ali" I don't think I did..." *opens cupboard under sink* "I used this oil here... aw sheeeet"

(our oil and dishwash DO come in very similar containers. But we don't usually keep the oil under the sink. Hmmm)

No comments:

Post a Comment