Thursday, July 15, 2010

six hundred seventy two

This blog is a wonderful thing, because I can just write whatever the F I want. There are no expectations, from anyone else or from myself.

In the past whenever I've tried keeping a diary, I've always felt some sort of obligation which makes it un-fun. If I'm trying to document my life, then I feel like if I don't write down every detail of my day then it's cheating and if I am going to make an incomplete account of my life then it's not worth bothering at all. So I gave up on that. Then there was the time that I was told that I should keep a journal for make benefit of mental health, but in that case I felt like if I didn't come up with some new feelings about life every day then I wasn't doing it properly. So I started inventing things that I was feeling and then gave up after a while because I ran out of ideas.

I didn't make any wild promises to write about a new Topic every day, or review a movie every day, or write a poem every day, or write more than 500 words every day, or ANYTHING. I just said that I would write SOMETHING in here every day, and that is easy. Though I'm pretty sure I mention food just about every day. Here comes today's food mention (note: this is not a promise that I will talk about food every day from now on, or in fact ever again):

I attempted to recreate the delicious spinach balls that I had at the sushi shop. I had no idea how to do this, what was in them or how to cook them, so they actually turned out nothing like them but still not too bad really. And my flatmates said they smelt good. I could detail everything that went in them, but I won't because I realised sometime during this paragraph that spinach balls are actually extremely boring.

It really upsets me that 672 was not included in The Dresden Dolls Companion. It's one of my favourite songs, though I haven't the foggiest what it's about. Can anyone help? Any enlightenment would be much appreciated.

For anyone who doesn't know the song, the lyrics go like this:

Six hundred seventy two [repeat a few times]
OOOHHHHOOOHHHHOOHHHHHHOOOOHHHHH
Someday they'll find out about you too

One thing I noticed is that it's just "six hundred seventy two" not "six hundred AND seventy two." Is it a normal custom that I don't know about to leave out the "and"?

No comments:

Post a Comment