Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Princess of Denial

Things I am in denial of:

1. Most of my inboxes. I have about a zillion of the damn things and they are all overflowing with denial. The only one that is safe is my hotmail because no one ever uses that anymore. Sometimes I just go and hide in there to pretend that no one ever contacts me.

2. My expanding gut. I will eat what I want, damnit. It's not like I have the time or the energy to attempt to conduct any sort of romantic affair anyway

3. The ever-increasing need to vacuum my bedroom floor

4. Uni in general. Aside from the emails, I mean. All the REST of it. Especially my dissertation. That is the most denially of all the denials.

5. The Folder Of Denial. There is actually a manila folder that contains all the physical documents that I would like to pretend do not exist. It is behind my curtains and there it shall stay.

6. Everything else that is behind my curtains. My room is built in a stupid way so that the built-in desk is in a bay window behind the curtains. Since I am never home during daylight hours, I very rarely remember to open my curtains. Except when I want to hang my togs out the window, which I never do anymore anyway because I am failing at exercising, ever (another point of denial). So that magical desk behind the curtains is a fantastic place for hiding things I would like to forget about.

7. 2012. WTF?

8. My dire financial situation. Let's just get drunk again.

9. The fact that I need to sleep more than 5 hours tonight

10. My duties as a member of this household to cook and clean and shit. I've cooked for the flat a grand total of one time since I moved in in January. We have a chore wheel but the only duty I ever do when it is my turn is take the rubbish out, because it is a tad obvious if you miss that one. The rest I seem to be getting away with

I think these all seem to converge to one main point of denial which is this:

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10: I really am just not coping with life at the moment.

Tomorrow morning Daddy is going to come and take me away to St Bathans (population 7).
I don't know if I should take some work with me with good intentions to catch up while we are there and then ignore it and feel bad.... or if I should just take the road of Total Denial and not bother to take anything at all and just relax for the first time since school started back.

Either way I'll have a fuckload to do while I get back. But will I feel guiltier while I'm away if I take shit with me and don't do it, or if I don't even try at all?

3 comments:

  1. I can sympathise with 2, 4, 5 (except with me it is more like the Credit of Denial- I probably have bad debt but I'm trying that trick where you ignore it til it goes away. It might work!!) and 8. I am CONSTANTLY checking my emails because of FP, which I suppose is a kind of denial in itself. I'm denying accepting reality cos it is so unspekeably sordid it make me shudder. I prefer my FP fantasy where there are flowers and rainbows.
    PS. Do you know what I enjoy?? I enjoy that you made yore name "crownbat". I hope we are calling ourselves Crownbat and Banarnarphone when we are horrifically old wishing we had the problems we do now. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hav a dreme where mayhap we mite run awa to St Bathans together. One da, THAT will be our reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel....my stress is now invading my dreams now and turning them into anxiety nightmares. Cursed uni! its consuming our lives!!!

    btw I have given you a blogger award because your blog does in fact kick ass:O
    http://slightlytruestories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete