Thursday, May 5, 2011

OBLUBLAH

Oblublah is such a fantastic word.


I think I first heard it on the television or something as a kid. It was probably just a random noise or something, but I loved it. So I invented an illness for my soft toys called The Oblublas. The Oblublas is the most terrible affliction. It is a combination of EVERY DISEASE IN THE WORLD. Poor old Tigger used to get it all the time. Brendon and I had to go and make him medicine every time he came down with the Oblublas, which I think was every time we were bored. His special medicine required involved picking a selection of flowers and leaves from the garden, mushing them up in a sieve with water and then forcing them down his throat. He hated it, but it helped. Luckily Tigger hasn't had the Oblublas for years and years now. Here he is now, chilling with me. I know he's looking a bit under the weather, but that's just old age. He must be nearly 120 by now. It's definitely been a long, long time since we celebrated his 105th birthday, anyway.



Hahaha, I just noticed there's a picture of him in the background on my wall too. He's wearing a hat that is a little tiny bit too big for him. How comical.

Anyway. In recent times I have begun using the word "oblublah" as an expletive. It is just so wonderful in every way. Next time something goes wrong, instead of swearing, try just screaming "OBLUBLAH" instead. It releases anger and frustration and is amusing, lightening one's mood, all at the same time.

I also have redefined "the Oblublas" to be not a combination of every illness in the world, but rather a general feeling of, er, well, Oblublah. Whatever you interpret Oblublah to mean.

All I can tell you is that I felt Oblublah and then I called it Oblublah and then because the word Oblublah is awesome I now don't feel Oblublah anymore. It's magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment