Saturday, June 18, 2011

#winning

Look at me! Look at me! I won an award! A blogging award!






OK I started writing this post when I won it the first time and now I have won it AGAIN! Whoopeedee! The same award TWICE! (is this even possible?)


Now the conditions for accepting this award are:


  • Thank the person who gave you this award
  • Name 7 things about yourself
  • Pass the award along to 15 other bloggers (new or newly discovered ones?)
  • Contact those bloggers to let them know they have won.


So, firstly - a big thank you to Ruby and Julie for thinking I am cool :)

Seven things about myself? I don't much like talking about myself as is, so I am going to tell you seven of my goals in life, aspirations, dreams, whatever.


1. To be a rockstar. Or a struggling indie not star. Basically to be able to make a living out of music and not have to Grow Up and get a Real Job.


2. To be good at singing or at least be able to sing in tune. This would definitely help with the first one.


3. To date a gay man. Or slam a gay man. Preferably both.


4. To see some sort of aurora. Borealis or Australis.


5. To get a written work published. Something. Anything. Somewhere. Anywhere. That would be rad.


6. To spend at least a year in total solitude in the middle of nowhere.


7. To push the boundaries until they break.

Now I'm going to put my boundary-pushing into action and break the rules (naughty naughty, smack my bottom if you like) and not list 15 blogs. Going for quality rather than quantity here, folks (it's like the difference between second law and first law thermodynamic efficiency). The reason for this is that I think a list of 15 is very intimidating and maybe if I put less here y'all are more likely to actually check them out.


I'll start with the lovely ladies who gave me the awards:


1. Loverly by Ruby. She has a wonderful way of expressing herself with pictures.


2. Moody Mudi by Julie. She is from NORWAY and has cute dogs. 


Now for some Other People I Think Are Worth Reading.


3. Destroyed or Damaged by Aaron. I fancy him. He writes fantastic stories.


4. Where Is Justin? by Anna. I have no words. She is amazing. If you like what you see, she also has a tumblr.


5. Honeybone and Life by Rachel. She writes about her band which is a rocking party and her life which is a larffing party. I highly (very highly) recommend her solo album.


6. Scarlet Pancakes by Sally. She has just started blogging and I expect Great Things.


7. ShirtyNile by my Internet Uncle (everyone has an Internet Uncle, right?) He is my fountain of wisdom and pillar of morality.


I'm gunna stop here and keep it as two lists of seven. I like repetitive themes. A sense of constancy is comforting, is it not?


As an EXTREME rule breaker I'm also not going to notify these people that they won. I should hope that they read ol' Bob anyway, hem-hem.

No comments:

Post a Comment