Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Am A Loner

One of these days I am going to rent a cabin somewhere in the middle of nowhere for one year or maybe even longer. And I am going to go live in it by myself with no phone and no internet and all I will do is read books and listen to music and play music and write music and go for walks and swims and be naked all the time and sit in trees and play games with myself like I used to when I was a little kid and I had no brothers or sisters and my parents were busy and I went and played outside by myself after school every day. And then when I return to society perhaps I will better appreciate the friends that I have and the technology that I have access to or perhaps I will see how stupid it all is and go back where I just came from and be a hermit forever. I don't know which way it will go but I do know that I need to get away from all this for a bit and I know that I won't get the opportunity for at least a few years but I can wait and I am determined to make it happen. Because this is the only life that I have and I want to do what I want with it because if I don't do what I want to do then what is the point in living it at all? Fuck expectations and obligations and fuck what anyone thinks I should do and what anyone thinks I should want. I'll please myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment