Friday, October 22, 2010

Delta At Pi Exclamation mark Three Pound (or Look I Can Do This Too)

This is shit.


This may be a big surprise:

You're not the centre of my life

I know you think that you're darn tootin'

But I'm more busy avoiding gluten

No, I do not spend my days

Dreaming up all of the ways

That I could cause you misery

Or make you have to contact me

Your arrogance shines like a light

When you think that I want to fight

Like I have nothing better to do

Than bicker over shit with you

So sure, I read your stuff online

But not because for you I pine

I'm not obsessed with you, you see

I'm really just obsessed with me

Call me vain and self-absorbed

(or a "souless cheating whore")

But you know how I love attention

And if I ever get a mention

In your poetry or prose

I am going to want to know.

When I saw those lies on your page

Initially I just felt rage

That you'd put me in such a light

At least get your fucking facts right

I'm not the model girlfriend, sure

I might be a bitch but I'm not a whore

As for lies, I can think of one time

And I don't think that's what you had in mind

But several times I caught YOU lying

Many nights you left me crying

Not sure when you think I strayed

I would never cheat, no way

I have a clue who you suspect

Well, he was the least of your threats

I see a lot of irony

That soulless is what you call me

When you're the one that couldn't feel

Couldn't love me quite for real

Although you thought it in your head

Emotionally you were dead

No comments:

Post a Comment