Friday, June 25, 2010

My Blog Devirginitisation

So here I am, making a blog, because everyone else has one and I want to conform and shit. I've called it Bob for now because it seems like a nice generic name, suitable for a mainstream activity like blogging. If anyone has any better ideas, please let me know. Also if anyone has any WORSE ideas, let me know. Hell, if anyone reads this at all, let me know! I need your feedback. I thrive on approval.

Maybe this whole blogging thing will be good for me. Apparently it's beneficial to one's mental health to keep a journal, but I've always been an epic failure at that. I think the longest I've ever kept it up is about 2 weeks. It seems kinda pointless writing to yourself, I always thought. Maybe if there's someone else to read it, I'll be more inspired to actually do it. And I can get all my thoughts and feelings OUT, rather than internalising them which can only lead to a bad state of mind. Or so they say!

I think I'll make it my goal to post something every day (well, every day that I have access to the internet, which I'm pretty sure is every day.) Even if it's just one word, or a post saying "today I did nothing." Today I have already exceeded the minimum, so yay, I deserve a lollipop! Oooh, I should totally have a star chart for blogging. And I get rewards for achieving blogging goals, and punishments for not achieving. Star charts work really well! My flatmate and I have one for exercise. I would put a photo of it up, but I'm not at the flat so I won't because I can't. Anyway, we have to do a minimum of three exercise sessions together each week, and if we don't make that then the other flatties get to choose a punishment for us. It generally motivates us to actually get out and go for runs. Except the one time we failed, we just kinda avoided punishment and made up excuses, like that we had been reallly good the previous month and that it was impossible to go outside when it was pouring non-stop for one week. Seriously though, it was. The moral of the story is that star charts may not be perfect but they are better than not having a star chart.

1 comment:

  1. You DO deserve a lollipop, phlala. I also love how much you write. It makes me pheel better cos I write stupendous amounts and people alwa complane.

    ReplyDelete