Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Are you pregnant?" "No" "Are you SURE?!"

I wrote this in the shower.


Oh, look! An opportunity

To rip the shit right out of me

Quickly, quickly, take your chance!

Criticise me while you can!


Yes, I know that you are right

But I wasn't trying to fight

I never said that you were wrong

So WHY can't we just get along?!


Should I give you an award

For noticing that I am flawed?

I admit I'm not stick thin

But do you have to rub it in?


What do you plan to achieve

By chipping at my self-esteem?

Do you think self-directed hate

Will make me put less on my plate?


Good thing I'm becoming numb

Or off a tower I'd have jumped

You cut me down so frequently

It's losing its effect on me


But what really hurts like hell

Is not the nasty words you yell

I cannot deny the truth

The fact that I am just like you.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to go cut myself now. I wrote a similar poem re mothers where I compared myself to a jar of clay. I understand your pain. I can just hear yore mater saying that too. ERGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arnar I only just found all your comments. Don't cut yoreselph, my dere, phor that would make me very very sad. Is your mater-poem published on yore blog? And ugh, the OTHER Bob The Blog is awful!

    ReplyDelete