Friday, August 6, 2010

Great Loss

This is the first draft of my song about Great Loss. Hopefully no-one gets too offended by it.



I fell in love with one young man

We made so many future plans

Got married, had a family

And lived forever happily


But then I caught him with some whore

And now I'm filing for divorce

Oh well,

No great loss.


I invested in some shares

And made myself a billionaire

Threw parties for all my friends

Felt like my wealth would never end


But then I found myself in debt

They took my house, they took my jet

Oh well,

No great loss.


Trying to impress the gals

So they'd want to be more than pals

I bought myself a flashy car

And drove around town very fast


Now the car's a bloody wreck

I lost both legs and broke my neck

Oh well,

No great loss


I had a daughter oh so sweet

One day for a special treat

We took her to a park nearby

She swung so high she touched the sky


Then she fell and hit her head

Now my baby girl is dead

Oh well,

No great loss


Losing things is really bad

It makes everyone feel sad

Unless it's your virginity

That's a happy thing you see.


When I was a child of four

I had a toy cat I adored

This thing of which I was so fond

I dropped one day into the pond


It crushed my soul, it broke my heart

From life I wanted to depart

Oh no,

Such great loss


Oh no, such great loss

Oh no, my greatest loss

No comments:

Post a Comment